The Medina Primary School Board is formed with the fundamental purpose of enabling parents and members of the community to engage in activities that are in the best interest of students and will enhance the education provided by our school. The board consists of staff, parent representatives and community representatives. The chairperson is elected by and from its members.
The School Board includes:
The board meets a minimum of once a term with all decisions relating to Board business taken by vote of the Board members.
The business of the Board includes but is not limited to:
- all business required of it by the Department of Education or the Principal of the School;
- an annual review of the School Business Plan addressing the following considerations in a manner it sees fit:
- delivery of the strategic plan:
- any necessary changes to the strategic plan;
- an annual review of School codes; and
- promotion of the School
- approve voluntary contributions and charges
- endorse our draft budget and annual budget
The Board reports, through the School’s Annual Report, to the community at the conclusion of each calendar year.
Board Chair Ashley Towns
Community Members Gavin Bunning, Andrea Folkard, Mandy Grubb
Parent Representatives Megan Summers, Doris Getta
Principal Karen Davey
Deputy Principal Gerry Foletta
Manager of Corporate Services John Oliver